Global Market for Women’s Health Devices to Reach $2.4 Billion by 2021
GlobalData's report provides analysis of the women’s health devices space across the 10 major markets of the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil, China and India, including annualized market data from 2014 and forecast until 2021.
Questions answered in this report:
• Which are the key, high growth markets that manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products in each segment?
• What are the unmet needs with women’s health devices currently on the market? How will emerging technologies fulfill these unmet needs?
• What clinical factors and technical specifications influence a physician to use one type of device over another? What is physician perception and market outlook for women’s health devices?
• What are the challenges that have hindered widespread adoption of newer technologies?
• With developing the next-generation of devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the global women’s health market?
The increasing number of patients seeking treatment for reproductive and women’s health-related disorders largely comes down to a burgeoning awareness of the impact that such disorders can have on a woman’s quality of life. The understanding that a woman’s quality of life can be vastly improved by new technologies, coincides with the awareness that a variety of new treatment options are far less invasive than surgery. For women who suffer from abnormal uterine conditions, such as heavy menstrual bleeding and uterine fibroids, these new technologies offer safe and effective alternative treatment options to patients who do not wish to undergo invasive surgery.